Youth and the MDG's
"Youth and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)" online course is developed by Youth Dividend where we integrating ICTs (Information and Communications Technology) into our work. We harnessed ICTs to achieve the MDGs in our project called 'Youth and the Millennium Development Goals'. With the age of social media, facebook and twitter we used ICTs in the project as tools for youth engagement, networking, mapping and prioritizing, research and community dialogue. While pushing the innovation envelope we established unique partnership with UNFPA Pakistan and Youth Action for Change and started off with the course which advocates and implements MDGs through young people’s engagement. With the aim of promoting awareness among the youth regarding the 8 MDGs, so far the three phases of the course has reached more than 120 participants from over 70 countries around the globe. Eight course participants also received small grants to conduct community development projects around the theme of the MDGs.
- To provide youth participants in developing nations with an understanding of what Millennium Development Goals and their indictors are;
- To provide participants with the knowledge on the MDGs processes;
- To provide participants with knowledge on how to increase their participation in promoting MDGs
- To help participants learn about how they can contribute towards helping their communities achieve the MDG outcomes and empower them with the knowledge to design and start small community projects designed around the MDG outcomes
- To support funding for small community-based projects which engages young people in the achieving MDGs.